THE PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ACT
OUR DUTY TO YOU
The Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI) is now in operation and we need to comply. POPI regulates how we handle your personal information while we do our work.
POPI is intended to balance 2 competing interests, these are:
- Your constitutional right to privacy (which requires your personal information to be protected): and
- The needs of our society to have access to and to use your personal information for legitimate purposes, for example, to enable us to do our work for you.
POPI obliges us to inform you of our process, and that is the main purpose of this correspondence. If you wish to have greater insight into the way in which we implement POPI, you may ask for a copy of our company’s internal POPI Compliance Manual. So, without further ado, here is what you need to know:
THE COLLECTION AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We will collect the majority of your personal information from yourself. Please cooperate with us when we do so. We will also collect your personal information from any intermediary that might have referred you to us, and from public records.
- We will be collecting your personal information to enable us to fulfil the mandate that we have been given by you. This might be the sale or purchase of a property, or the lease or hire of a property.
- You are legally obliged to supply the information that we need to comply with the Financial Intelligence Centre Act (FICA). This information is required to combat money laundering and the financing of terrorism. Any other information that we ask for will be required to enable us to do our work. You have a choice as to whether you will supply us with this other information. Please note that if you fail to supply the information we ask for, we will not be able to do our work properly. You might also be placing yourself in breach of a contract, or the law.
- We will be passing your personal information on to all third parties that require it for the purposes of doing their work which is related to what we are doing for you. For example, if we are working with another estate agency to fulfil our mandate to you, and they need your information on a deed of sale, we will share the required information with them.
- You can rest assured that unless we are legally obliged to share your personal information, we will only share so much of your personal information as is needed by the authority that requires it, and we will only do so when it is necessary for us to do our work for you. In addition, all of our staff are bound by confidentially clauses in their letters of employment.
- If there is an international component to the work which we are doing for you, and if we are required to share your personal information with an overseas recipient, you are entitled to ask us how your personal information will be protected in this foreign country, and we will endeavor to assist you.
- You have the right of access to your personal information and the right to correct any errors relating to the information that we have on record. In addition, you have the right to object to us continuing to process your personal information. In this regard, please note that if you do exercise this right, we will not be able to do our work properly. In addition, this might place you in breach of a contract.
- We are obliged by law to retain our records for a period of time after we have completed our work. During this period, your personal information will also remain protected. After this period has expired, your personal information will be destroyed in a way that de-identifies you.
THE SECURITY OF OUR SYSTEMS
- Protecting your Privacy & Personal Information
Who we are
SOUTH AFRICA CLASSIFIEDS ESHOP MARKETPLACE (PTY) LTD – Reg No. 2021/502604/07
We are the NEW Free #1 SA Marketplace and South Africa Classifieds Platform, providing multiple advertising & marketing services with the power of e-Commerce.
Our website address is: http://southafricaclassifieds.online.
What personal data do we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We collect your information during the checkout process on your purchase. The information collected from you may include, but is not limited to, your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and any other details that might be requested from you for the purpose of processing.
Handling this data will also allow us to:
– Send you important service information.
– Respond to your queries or complaints.
– Set up and administer your account, provide technical and/or customer support, and to verify your identity.
Additionally we may also collect the following information:
– Your comments and product reviews if you choose to leave them on our website. – Account email/password to allow you to access your account, if you have one. – If you choose to create an account with us, your name, address, and email address, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We collect information about you during the add listing process on our site. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, IP address, email address, phone number, address, locations details including GPS co-ordinates and any other details that might be requested from you for the purpose of adding your business/personal listings.
Handling this data also allows us to:
- – Display this information in a public facing manner (such as a web page or API request) and allow website users to search and view submitted listing information.
- – Send you important account/order/service information.
- – Provide a way for users to contact your listing via the provided contact information.
- – Notify you of user interactions such as but not limited to review and contact notifications.
- – Respond to your queries or complaints.
- – Set up and administer your account, provide technical and/or customer support, spam prevention and to verify your identity. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
We collect information about you during the ‘leave a review process’ on our site. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, IP address, website URL, image(s), review ratings and review texts.
Handling this data also allows us to:
- – Display this information in a public facing manner (such as a web page or API request).
- – Notify you of interactions such as approval or rejection of your review.
- – Notify you of user interactions such as reply notifications.
- – Spam prevention.
Listing contact forms
We may collect information about you when you submit a contact form to a listing. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, IP address and contact texts.
Handling this data also allows us to:
- – Send your contact message and details to the listings contact email.
- – Monitor the contact system for spam and abuse.
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for XXX years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you.
What we share with others
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
This site adds the following cookies to help users resume job submissions that they have started but have not completed:
Our website uses specialist security software – Shield Security. This helps to ensure data breaches do not occur and our website and data are protected against hacking attempts and intrusion.
Shield Security protects site visitors and works to block potential hacks while monitoring web traffic and filesystem changes.
The learn more about Shield Security, please follow this link.
- The Shield Security plugin never stores any sensitive, personally identifiable information in any cookie at any time.
- In the case that the Shield Security plugin needs to redirect a visitor or any request, it may use a cookie to prevent repeated/infinite redirect loops.
- For registered/logged-in users, the Shield Security plugin uses a cookie to track user sessions and control display of certain in-plugin admin notices.
Data Storage: User Sessions
For logged-in users, the Shield Security plugin stores information on the username, the IP address and the time of last login and last activity.
This information is purged upon logout or data cleanup.
Data Storage: Audit Trail
The Shield Security plugin has an Audit Trail feature that will log the following information:
- Audit Trail message that may include email addresses
- Logged-in username (where applicable)
- Originating IP address of the request
For logged-in users this represents information that may be used to locate (by IP address) and identify individuals and their activity on the site.
This information is stored for security purposes by the site administrator.
This data will be retained and then automatically purged from the database after a fixed time period, as determined by the site administrator. (Currently this is set to 14 days.)
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When you register for the site, you may be asked to provide certain personal data for display on your profile. The “Name” field is required as well as public, and user profiles are visible to any site visitor. Other profile information may be required or optional, as configured by the site administrator.
User information provided during account registration can be modified or removed on the Profile > Edit panel. In most cases, users also have control over who is able to view a particular piece of profile content, limiting visibility on a field-by-field basis to friends, logged-in users, or administrators only. Site administrators can read and edit all profile data for all users.
This site records certain user actions, in the form of “activity” data. Activity includes updates and comments posted directly to activity streams, as well as descriptions of other actions performed while using the site, such as new friendships, newly joined groups, and profile updates.
The content of activity items obey the same privacy rules as the contexts in which the activity items are created. For example, activity updates created in a user’s profile is publicly visible, while activity items generated in a private group are visible only to members of that group. Site administrators can view all activity items, regardless of context.
Activity items may be deleted at any time by users who created them. Site administrators can edit all activity items.
The content of private messages is visible only to the sender and the recipients of the message. With the exception of site administrators, who can read all private messages, private message content is never visible to other users or site visitors. Site administrators may delete the content of any message.
We use a cookie to show success and failure messages to logged-in users, in response to certain actions, like joining a group. These cookies contain no personal data, and are deleted immediately after the next page load.
When a logged-in user creates a new group, we use a number of cookies to keep track of the group creation process. These cookies contain no personal data, and are deleted either upon the successful creation of the group or after 24 hours.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we collect information about you during the process of creating comments or reviews of products. We’ll track:
- Author name, author email, author IP, date, title, content and review url: we’ll use this to create reviews of products
Who on our team has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Author name, author email, author IP, date, title and content of the reviews you have made
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
We keep your contact information private unless you agree to show your details on your profile page.
How we protect your data
We have a very powerful Shield and Firewall to keep hackers and purges unable to enter this site to obtain and collect any data, ensuring that our protection wall is always updated and Fireproof.
What data breach procedures we have in place
Powerful Shield Protector and a team working around the clock to ensure your data safety. If in any event data are stolen, all authorities are notified immediately and our system are then rebooted to avoid such attacks.
What third parties we receive data from
We are partnered with trustworthy third parties whom we receive data from, but it does not mean your data are collected in any means.
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
We do not use your data for anything, normally we will only tell clients our counter of users for gaining visitors to their products or services. However if you are reported your profile will be investigated and if you are a threat to other users your account will be deleted and blocked for future use.
Industry regulatory disclosure requirements
Last updated: April 06, 2021
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Account means a unique account created for You to access our Service or parts of our Service.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to SOUTH AFRICA CLASSIFIEDS ESHOP MARKETPLACE (PTY) LTD, Corner Aileen & Bramley Street, Ian Flats No 14, Ellaton, Klerksdorp, North West.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: South Africa
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to South Africa Classifieds eShop Marketplace, accessible from https://www.southafricaclassifieds.online
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Information from Third-Party Social Media Services
The Company allows You to create an account and log in to use the Service through the following Third-party Social Media Services:
If You decide to register through or otherwise grant us access to a Third-Party Social Media Service, We may collect Personal data that is already associated with Your Third-Party Social Media Service’s account, such as Your name, Your email address, Your activities or Your contact list associated with that account.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Service may use local stored objects (or Flash Cookies) to collect and store information about Your preferences or Your activity on our Service. Flash Cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as those used for Browser Cookies. For more information on how You can delete Flash Cookies, please read “Where can I change the settings for disabling, or deleting local shared objects?” available at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html#main_Where_can_I_change_the_settings_for_disabling__or_deleting_local_shared_objects_
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. Learn more about cookies: What Are Cookies?.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential Cookies Type: Session Cookies Administered by: Us Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Functionality Cookies Type: Persistent Cookies Administered by: Us Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For business transfers: We may use Your information to evaluate or conduct a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Data held by Us about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, We take steps to remove that information from Our servers.
If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Your information and Your country requires consent from a parent, We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
- By email: email@example.com
- By visiting this page on our website: https://www.southafricaclassifieds.online/contactus
- By phone number: 066 588 3966
Should you have any issues with the way in which we are processing your personal information, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator, whose contact details are:
33 Hoofd Street
Forum III, 3rd Floor Braampark
P.O Box 31533
Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za
General enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We trust however that our processing of your personal information will be handled in a way that complies with all the relevant laws and that your rights to privacy will be protected as required by law.
SOUTH AFRICA CLASSIFIEDS ESHOP MARKETPLACE
[Ian Flats Building, Second Floor, Office Nr14, Cnr Bramley Ave & Aileen Cres, Ellaton, Klerksdorp, 2571]